Wednesday 11 April 2018

2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Knights Valley, Beringer


2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Knights Valley, Beringer
I really enjoyed the 2013 Knights Valley and bought a bunch of bottles. I will not buy the 14. Don´t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with this wine, but it doesn´t scratch me the right way.
The nose is bigger, denser and more plummy than the 2013. Some bonfire smoke in the background. More broad shouldered and black but still holds it together. Deep.
The taste is dark, ripe and structured with lots of sweet black fruit, fir wood, chocolate licorice and fried herbs. It ends more backward and restrained than the initial impression leaves you to believe. Long. A tad too rich for my liking but, again, not a bad wine in any shape of form.
88p   (tasted 2018/04)

No comments:

Post a Comment