Monday 18 July 2016

Vacation Wines - Number Five - 1991 Barbaresco Vigna Rongallo Panjore, Orlando Abrigo

I have previously been impressed by the few bottles of Barbaresco that I have tasted from this producer - a 2001 Barbaresco Vigna Montersino and a 2004 Vigna Rongallo. This is the first older bottle I have gotten my hands on - and I like it!

1991 Barbaresco Vigna Rongallo Panjore, Orlando Abrigo
A lovely mature, rounded, deep nose with notes of dried strawberries, rose petals, mushroom forest and Finnish liquorice. A classic Nebbiolo nose. Refined. A beautifully maturity with a sweet dried up cherry fruit. Some fir forest aromas. Very, very good.
The taste is mature, dry and finely structured with notes of dried ceps, hard cherry candy, rosehips and a hint of diesel oil. Long and fine. This has matured into a really nice specimen of mature Nebbiolo. The bottle just empty itself, or something like that...
91p   (tasted 2016/07)



No comments:

Post a Comment