Tuesday 29 December 2015

R.I.P. Lemmy - I Console Myself With A Bottle Of 1945 Château La Tour Bicheau


One of the greatest has past on. I remember the fírst time I saw Motörhead live. It was in my home town in the beginning of the 80´s. This was before any regulations about sound volyme, and I remember that my rib cage vibrating when Lemmy played his base and sang:

"Only way to feel the noise is when it's good and loud"

Since then I have seen concerts with them about 7-8 times and everyone has been a real treat. Lemmy was a true bringer of good times, great songs and some memorable qoutes:


But, in the end he was Killed By Death.

1945 Château La Tour Bicheau
Lemmy´s birth year and what a vintage to be born in. This Graves needs some time in the glass to come around. When it does it displasy soft notes of dried red and black currants, forest floor, root vegetables, old leather and gravel. Fully mature and maybe then some. A bit thin in the middle. But still delivering some low keyed joy.
The taste is mature and dry with notes of red currants, bakelite, cigarette ashes, gravel and some dog fur. The finish is medium long, dry and holding up well. All in all, a nice tribute to Lemmy.
83p   (tasted 2015/12)

 
Some other Motörhead highlights:
Damage Case
Orgasmatron
Metropolis
The Chase Is Better Than The Catch
In The Name Of Tradegy
Sweet Revenge
and of course
Motörhead

No comments:

Post a Comment