Wednesday 20 August 2014

Something Really Fine - 2001 Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Auslese, Joh. Jos. Prüm

I read that the 01 Goldcapsel got a lot of praise. I have just two bottles of that one (with the same Ap number as the note on WineBerserkers), but I noticed that I have some more of the regular Auslese. Then I couldn´t help myself...

2001 Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Auslese, Joh. Jos. Prüm
Right out of the bottle this beauty showcase a luscious, pure, racy nose with notes of ripe peaches, warm lemons, rubber boots and a touch of lavender honey. With air more dried fruits emerge and a touch of bonfire, and it becomes very focused. Very, very fine. A great after-the-rain scent. A real thoroughbred. Still young though.
The taste is like drinking pure high mountain water with a stunning acidity and notes of candied lemon peels, peaches, ripe pears and boatloads of sweet minerals. The finish goes on for over a minute. A great wine that still needs another 5-8 years in the cellar, unless you like them young.
93p   (tasted 2014/08)

No comments:

Post a Comment