Sunday 17 August 2014

A Bad Bottle Of Wine

I am fortunate to taste and drink a lot of good, great and gorgeous wines, but sometimes I come across something that don´t appeal to me, or worse, that I think is really bad.
Should I post then? I think yes. It becomes a bit holier than thou if I only post positive notes. And the note per se is not in any way, shape of form a reflection of the people that have made the wine, it is only my reaction to their product, just like I don´t like a certain kind of car, orange juice or shirt. Same thing.
Well, on to the wine then...

2012 Le Bon Petit Diable, Domaine des Sabbonettes
An insipid, thin, hollow nose with notes of lingonberry juice, old, wrinkled red apples, rotten hay, lambic aromas and a touch of gravel. This Cabernet Franc is shallow and wimpish. No, thanks.
The taste is a touch better, but this light, thin and acedic juicy doesn´t get any love from me. Some notes of dried lingonberries, frozen raspberries, dry liquorice and a some rubber notes. Lightly fizzy. A high acidity. The finish is short and flat. What is the point? Nice label though!
60p   (tasted 2014/08)

2 comments:

  1. I usually read your posts with great interest, but I think maybe you shouldn't have posted this. I don't see the point in scoring a wine if it is in a style that you clearly cannot bring yourself to appreciate.

    That being said, thank you for an otherwise great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! While I respect your opion, and I gave it some thought, but in the end I think there is a value to show both your likes and dislikes.

      Delete