Thursday 15 August 2013

Drinking Tonight - 2010 Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Viti Nuove, Poliziano

With a nice bowl of fresh pasta, chicken filets cut in pieces and quickly fried with garlic, mustard and a dollop of cream and lots of parmesan shaving, I opened this reliable Italian.

2010 Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Viti Nuove, Poliziano
As with the 2008 it needs some time in the glass and decanter to open up. But when it does the nose is filled with aromas of sour/sweet cherries, dried thyme, sun warm gravel and lightly peppered meat. Very fresh and good.
The taste is young, fresh and juicy with notes of sweet cherries, leather, gravel and dried herbs. The tannins are light but finely polished. The finish is medium long with a nice warmth. A very food friendly wine. Drinking great now and the coming 5-8 years.
87p   (tasted 2013/08)

1 comment:

  1. Really nice review. I am not personally great lover of red wines (exception sicilian wines) but since I follow your blog, I can say that I made an additonal selection of reds that I wanted to taste, and I liked it a lot.

    Thanks for sharing your opinion.

    ReplyDelete