Monday 4 March 2013

With Sunday Dinner - 2005 "M" Spätburgunder, Markus Schneider


I bought this bottle by chance, remembering vaguely something I had read about the estate somewhere a while back. And I´m glad I did, for this was a stunning piece of work!
I was hoping that it should perform well with some grilled chicket filets, vegetables and a tarragon sauce - and it sure did! More info here.

2005 "M" Spätburgunder, Markus Schneider
The nose is wide open with gorgeous notes of ripe rasberries, wild strawberries, forest floor and fresh herbs. With some air there is a hint of fresh meat and white peppar that emerges. Complex and a bit highly strung, just as fine Pinot is all about. Beautiful sweetness. This is stunning!
The taste is pure, fresh, juicy and elegant, and fills the mouth with that tingling sensation of delicious Pinot fruit. Lovely notes of rasberries, red currants, fresh herbs, white peppars and rasberry licorice. A splendid acidity. The finish is medium long, fresh and ends dry. This could still evolve some, although I´m not certain it would get any better. For 16 Euro this is, so far, the bargain of the year!
93p   (tasted 2013/03)

No comments:

Post a Comment