Friday 15 March 2013

I´m a Little Late - 2012 Beaujolais Nouveau, Jean Foillard

I bought this bottle on release in November, but being busy with the Brunello project and other things I forgot about it. The other day when the sun shined and I could feel the tingling sensation of spring in the air, I noticed this bottle in the cellar and thought, why not?

2012 Beaujolais Nouveau, Jean Foillard
A very direct, beautiful, upfront nose with notes of rasberry candy, licorice, lingonberry jam, fresh herbs and a touch of earth. Light, fresh and juicy. The strawberry sweetness that evolves with air is adorable. Yummy!
The taste is light, fresh and cool with nice notes of lingonberries, wild strawberries, licorice and a touch of white peppar. The finish is rather short but fresh and pure. Very gulpable, I think I broke my record for finishing of a bottle... This is like a summer flirt, fun for the moment, but not a keeper.
86p   (tasted 2013/03)

No comments:

Post a Comment